Re: internet slow with kernel 2.6

I also had this problem and it was apparently caused by the activated IPv6 support in Debian.

I do not know why IPv6 is enabled in debian per default since this support only caused me problems
on new installations. Also I do not know the "correct" way to disable IPv6 in Debian.

Does anybody know how IPv6 can be disabled in Debian correctly ( something like dpkg-reconfigure... )?
I used some hack in my startup scripts to make things work IIRC.

 -Arne

Reply to the mail from Martin Kuball (MartinKuball@web.de):