Re: Sarge on OldWorld Mac - No root device

On Monday, September 27, 2004, at 04:40 PM, Joey Hess wrote:

Rick Thomas wrote:
I've submitted several bug reports on this topic.  The developers
know about it, and may fix it sometime.  It's not as easy to fix as
it sounds, because the mesh controller is not on the regular PCI
bus, so the normal hardware discovery programs never get a chance
to see it.

As far as I can tell, it's fixed in an as-yet unreleased version of
hw-detect:

    - mac-io bus detection improvements:
      + Detect mesh SCSI controller (closes: #269655, #271419).
      + Detect mace Ethernet controller.
      + Detect mac53c94 SCSI controller.
+ Detect therm_adt746x and therm_windtunnel fan controllers, although
        only post-reboot for now since those modules aren't in
        linux-kernel-di-powerpc-*.
+ Cope with /proc/device-tree/aliases/mac-io pointing to a symlink.

Thanks Joey!

When can we expect to see it in our friendly neighborhood "daily" CD or boot-floppy?

Enjoy!

Rick