Re: Brightness control on PowerBook G4 1.33GHz, 12", GeForce FX Go5200

HI Jens,

> Use the nv driver for XFree86, not the fbdev driver.

I use nv driver. That works fine without the `Option "UseFBDev", but no
control on the brightness and of course the pbbuttomd is unable to
switch on/off the screen.

> > I didn't load the rivafb module. It use the offb driver.
>
> Once offb has been started, you cannot get rid of it anymore.  In
> order to use rivafb, you must build your own kernel and build rivafb
> into it.  But beware, last time I tried the rivafb driver it crashed
> my machine.

That means only software crash not hardware, isn't that?

Thanks,
Zoltan