Re: install (boot) problem sarge powerbook G3 (wallstreet)

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 01:08, Rick Thomas wrote:

> >> Unfortunately, that part has never worked for me, either.
> Wow, you're doing much better than I am.  On the other hand, I'm
> starting from an 80 GB disk (IDE disk is pretty inexpensive).  So
> my needs are different.

Only thing you need is:
system folder, finder, enabler, cdrom extension, iso9660 filesystem
extension. system file / folder.
I started off with MacOS 8.1 'cause the finder on there is smaller.

Oh, plus BootX extension / controlpannel ofcourse and kernel / initrd

> Let me know if you get quik working...  Have you taken a look at
> miboot as an alternative?

no not yet, isn't that just for floppies though ?
Normally haven't got the floppy drive in the laptop 'cause I can only
have two of "CD Drive / battery / floppy" so floppy only when needed.

Greetz,
Seb