Re: scratch install debian on iMac G3

its simple to wipe os9 off and install linux over it

you dont even need any cds or disk. check out the install
documentation on the debian website

assuming you want to just run linux on your mac,
its a matter of dropping the image files on the root
of yits hard disk, rebooting, getting into the bios
then telling it to boot the kernel image.

more specific details, in the install docs.
its easier to install than on a intel machine

Dean

Steve Richter wrote:
I have an iMac G3 ( OS 9.2 ) newly arrived via ebay. The system did
not come with the system disks, so I do not have the Drive Setup
software I think I need to create a 2nd partition on the Mac to
install Debian into.

To install debian on this iMac do I have any options other than the
purchase of the OS 9 CDs?    I dont need to keep the Mac OS on the
system.  Is it possible to scratch the OS from this system and replace
it with Debian GNU/Linux?

thanks,

Steve Richter