Re: Resizing PPC partitions

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 06:16:55PM -0400, Bradley Alexander wrote:
> I have a Powerbook G3 Pismo, which dual-boots Mac OS9 and Debian. I inherited
> this laptop in this state, which is fine with me.
>
> I run Linux 99.9% of the time, but the drive is partitioned with 5GB for Linux
> and almost 6GB for Mac OS. I would like to resize the drive and give the
> additional 4GB to Linux. What have others done to resize their drives?

There should be support for hfs+ resizing in parted or any libparted using
tool. The same tool should be able ro resize ext2 or something such, altough
you could simply add an additional partition if needed.

I have never tested those, and elementary prudence would be to make a full
backup of both partitions before resizing, well at least of the macos
partition.

If something goes awry, please fill a bug report against the parted package.

And maybe doing a backup of your partition table (simple dd if=/dev/hda
of=mybackupfile count=1024) or something such would also be welcome.

Friendly,

Sven Luther