Re: X.org Questions

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 00:55 -0400, Ed Sutherland wrote:
> After looking at screenshots of X.org, it seems to be more graphically
> up-to-date than XFree86. But, I have some questions:
>
> 1) Can X.org be apt-gotten? (otherwise, where and how)

Not officially, there may be a repo somewhere that someone else
maintains though.

> 2) How difficult is replacing xfree with x.org?

Extract source, apt-get build-dep xserver-xfree86, make World, make
install. Going backwards could possibly be troublesome (perhaps build to
another prefix).

> 3) Any issues specific to the ppc architecture I should be aware? Thanks.

I haven't encountered any thus far.

--
Chris Anderson <chris@nullcode.org>
ICQ: 72021847  Jabber: chrisja@jabber.org