Re: Red X -- not quite gone yet...

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 02:28:02AM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Sven,
>
> It's 2:15 AM, and I've got a meeting tomorrow at work, so I won't
> be able to test these tonight.  I'll try to get to them tomorrow
> (9/1) in the evening (US East Coast time).
>
> Please do me a favor and loop-mount the images to see if they have
> all the expected pieces and the pieces are of the expected sizes.
> That way we won't loose another round of debugging for a problem
> that doesn't require an actual bootstrap to discover.  Thanks!

Ok :

> >>boot.img only contains vmlinuz and doesn't boot, ofonlyboot.img starts

Indeed :

floppy-2.6-2004.08.31/ofonlyboot.img : Finder  System  zImage
floppy-2.6-2004.08.31/boot.img: vmlinuz

> >>boot.img and ofonlyboot.img start loading a kernel and end with the
> >>tux/red cross.

Both of these are ok now.

> >>boot.img only contains vmlinuz and doesn't boot, ofonlyboot.img starts

Here again, only the ofonlyboot is ok, the boot.img is bad.

You should try the daily builds too. floppy-2.4 should be ok, altough the 2.6
ones failed to build, but should be ok tomorrow.

Friendly,

Sven Luther