Re: iBook G4 PmDisk

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 11:37, Guido Guenther wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 12:58:58PM +0200, Pau Rul·lan Ferragut wrote:
> >  Is the least I can do. I would like to congratulate you in special for
> > your job.
>
> Not me, Benjamin did almost all of the work.
 This Benjamin is a superstar. Has he got an agreement with the Devil?

> >  shakuras:~# lspci
> > 0000:00:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth 2 AGP
> > 0000:00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV250 5c63
> > [Radeon Mobility 9200 M9+] (rev 01)
> > 0001:01:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth 2 PCI
> > (snip usb stuff)
> > 0002:02:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc. UniNorth 2 Internal PCI
> > (snip ide+firewire stuff)
> >
> >  The problem I told you is that pmud does not work (well, the last time I
>
> Problem here is most likely that pmud exits since it thinks you don't
> have working PM. You can try a patch similar to:
>
> http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/kernel/pbook-12%22-fake-s
>leep-2.6.diff adjustet for your model.
 Well, I patched the kernel with  that (just for trying) but... there is the
pmud--pbbuttonsd problem (one removes the other).

> > tried it did not) on this version, so everything is done by pbbuttonsd.
> >  Pbbuttonsd works at all (even I did some rare things to make it
> > suspend-to-disk when I closed the lid :) ).
>
> Adapting the pwctrl-local to pbbuttonsd is quiet easy. I'll do that once
> I finally got around to switch.
 If you tell me what kind of modifications you want to do I would be happy
because I could try to do it for myself (you should do it anyway, because
mine will be a mess :P)

 Is not there any way to unload/free or obtain more pages? I mean, I have been
doing around six suspend-to-disk and not halting. Now, it tells me that:
 pmdisk: not enough free pages
 I can not copy the whole because is in a tty not loged.

 Cheers,
--
Pau Rul·lan Ferragut
GPG id  B0AB 1B0D FA8E 9295