Re: One new try

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 10:40:06PM +0200, Gunnar Stahl wrote:
> from time to time I  try to get my iBook (12", G4, 1Ghz) running on linux.
> First thing: I don't get the secondary charcters which you activate via
> the meta key not to appear. Characters like "|,{,},[,]@" and the like
> don't appear. As if the "alt" and "option" key are numb.
> So, what is my problem here? Guess, something with keyboardlayout. So
> how do I get my keyboard to work?

As far as I know there isn't any problem.

Alt Gr = Fn + Alt

Play around a bit with 'dumpkeys' and 'showkey'.

I hope it will help.

Best regards.
--
Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
``Don't bother us with politics,'' respond those who don't

 -- Richard M. Stallman
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/linux-gnu-freedom.html