problems with mol

hi-

i just installed sarge testing on my powerbook G3 mainstreet last night.

the kernel is the stock debian 2.4.25.

the machine has a newertech 500mhz G4 cpu upgrade installed.

after installing and configuring mol, the macos boot process hangs with a
flashing question mark... i am sure that my molrc files are correct, as i
had a working setup with debian woody prior to this install...

i have tried leaving the boot process for a couple of minutes, as i had read
on various web pages that sometimes it takes a few seconds for mol to get
the gestalt IDs correct...

any ideas on why macos won't boot?

thanks in advance!

Dylan