Re: Loading problem

Hi,

Volodymyr Podosinov writes:

> > On PReP, the boot arguments are part of the kernel image.  Rebuild
> > your kernel with CONFIG_CMDLINE set appropriately.  Alternatively,
> > use preptool, but that requires patching and rebuilding the kernel
> > as well.
>
> Wait, basically you say that I need to recompile the whole kernel.

Sorry for the late reply.  I went on vacation before I could deal with
this, and have been catching up on stuff since I came back on Monday.

Anyway.

I've just built, tested and uploaded revision 2.6.8-3 of the official
kernel-image packages.  They are compiled with CONFIG_CMDLINE set to
the default value, which assumes your root filesystem is /dev/sda2 and
should work okay for most installations.  If not, open the vmlinuz
file in a binary editor (emacs is fine) and change the value.  Do not
change the length of the string, however, as this will mess up the
kernel's layout and render the whole thing unbootable.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!