Re: is make-kpkg broken for anyone else?

'ello,

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 01:39, Timo Reimerdes wrote:
> worked fine for me.
> (am running debian unstable and the 2.6.8.1 kernel from kernel.org on a
> Powerbook5,2 right now and I think I have everything I need working
> right now except for suspend.)

Sorry, I read the docs and it told me to do a make-kpkg clean if there
are any problems.  I tried this and it works :-).  (I usually do RTFM
before I post, BTW, honest :-)).

> could you probably be more specific about those issues? What kind of
> hardware are we talking about? What sound-problems? I never had any real
> problems when compiling alsa-powermac-stuff as [M].

Ok... well the CPU scaling daemon said it needed the userspace governor
setting set in the kernel so I recompiled.  The machine is now refusing
to boot (see my more recent thread :-)) so I can't tell if I've got it
sorted yet.

Re ALSA, it works fine except that no sound will come out of the
built-in speakers for some reason.  This is something I am eager to get
fixed as I will be needing that feature in the near future.

I'm told I need i2c-keywest for the keyboard illumination to work.  It
was ``greyed out'' in powerprefs.  When I recompiled Linux, I told it to
build i2c-keywest as a module but as it was already compiled in anyway
(not module) I don't have much hope for it working.

BTW, I just found out that there is a 3D driver project going on for the
Radeons in our PowerBooks -- something to look forward to for the
future, I hope :-).

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>