Re: alternative airport extreme card

Chris Anderson <chris@nullcode.org> writes:

>> > Well, the card claims to be a mini-pci but it looks nothing like any
>> > standard mini-pci card. I think the Apple Airport Extreme card is the only
>> > card you can put into that slot.
>> >
>> > However, you can grab a PCMCIA wireless card (I believe PCMCIA works under
>> > Linux; never tried it though), or grab a USB dongle.
>>
>> 	I do not want to be rude but, where do you put the PCMCIA in a
>> iBook/PowerBook G4?
>
> You don't. Your only option for an ibook g4 or powerbook 12" is to use a
> usb wlan adapter. I'm using a DWL-122 without issue personally.

Oh no, I have a DWL-122 and it is extremely unstable on my ibook g4
under any 2.6 kernel, with and without preempt enabled.  Also my
friend tried running it under MacOS and said it caused many lockups.
I don't know if Im doing something wrong to cause it to be so unstable
that it is unusable, but if you like it and its stable for you, I
would be eger to hear how you got it to be so.

--
Scott Henson <scotth@csee.wvu.edu>