Re: loki SM Alpha centauri

hi,

the installer installs the x86 version. i managed to extract the smac*.run file
and look inside it. there is a directory called smac-6.0a-ppc.

it has a ppc static binary for something called loki-patch which seg faults when run.
i think the problem is here . because the binaries are not being patched.

solution:  patch it by hand

chmod 755 smac-install-ppc
./smac-install-ppc --target  /tmp/smac

install it , lets say to /usr/local/smac.then

cd /tmp/smac/smac-6.0a-ppc
./bin/Linux/ppc/loki_patch patch.dat /usr/local/smac

works for me now.
thx for your info.
cheers