Re: Building mozart-gtk on powerpc [request for help]

Michael Schmitz writes:
 > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Daniel Kobras wrote:
 >
 > > On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 06:21:57PM +0200, Kevin Glynn wrote:
 > > > fyi, it is because va_list is declared as a one-element array of
 > > > structs on powerpc, unlike other architectures so code like:
 > > >
 > > > va_list Arg4 = (va_list) OZ_getForeignPointer((*(_OZ_LOC[(4)])));
 > > >
 > > > fails on powerpc, because you can't cast to an array.
 > >
 > > And you may not assign to a va_list. Use va_copy() instead to be
 > > portable.
 >
 > Yep - that's got to be the number one porting problem on powerpc :-) But
 > is this still an issue, with varargs being superseded by stdarg these
 > days? Last time I checked I could not find the funny va_list declaration
 > in the gcc headers anymore.

Uh? I have sid and

  /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.4/include/stdarg.h

defines va_list.

cheers

PS. Sorry for unwanted ccs, let me know and I will remove.  I am not
subscribed to debian-powerpc, but can check the archives for

The Second International Mozart/Oz Conference (MOZ 2004)
Charleroi, Belgium, Oct. 7-8, 2004
http://www.cetic.be/moz2004