Re: 2.6.8.1-kernel on Powerbook G4?

> > I am currently getting lost configuring my kernels for my Powerbook.
>
> Why not use the default debian kernel, or at least the config thereof ?

My reason for building my own kernels: getting rid of all that bloat
that's compiled as modules. Plus, having drivers required for booting
built-in, obviating the need for initrd.

Main reason: the sarge installer (dated 9 Aug) saddled me with a root fs
size of 150 MB. Modules size per kernel: 40 MB. Go figure.

Like it or not: tailoring your kernel for size is a must at this state of
affairs. If you don't offer full custom partitioning in the sarge
installer anymore, get the default partition sizes right at least.

	Michael