Re: "make oldconfig" changing silently old kernel config options?
- To: Debian PPC <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: "make oldconfig" changing silently old kernel config options?
- From: Wolfgang Pfeiffer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:19:50 +0200
- Message-id: <1093033189.3490.178.camel@debby>
- In-reply-to: <1093029322.3490.164.camel@debby>
- References: <1093029322.3490.164.camel@debby>
On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 21:15, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi All
> What's this:
> For a new 2.4.27 kernel I copied my old 2.4.25-ben1 config to
> <kernel-source-dir>/.config, did a 'make oldconfig' which resulted in a
> new config file where options I chose in the old 2.4.25-ben1 are missing
> in the new 2.4.27 .config file [ ... ]
And it goes even further: I just saw after a repeated 'make oldconfig'
that I had two different switches for the same config option in the new
kernel config file:
$ cat .config | grep CONFIG_I2C=
What's going on here?
Wolfgang Pfeiffer gpg ID: 0AA7E825
Profile, links: http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer