Re: Cirrus Logic Video Controller

if you can get framebuffer going (which it probably is)
then just use the framebuffer X server.
granted - its slow.

but you might be able to use the svga server (or which ever
server should support your chipset - usually svga), but
tell it to use the fbdev in your X config.

this is just me speculating, i dont have your machine.

Dean

terrabit@optonline.net wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Debian on the old PowerPC Computer, Motorola PowerStack DT604-100. I have there a Cirrus Logic Video Chip, XFree86 does not start. I want to install a stable version of XFree86, instead of the one installed right now, but I was wondering, maybe somebody else had such a video processor. What file do I need to edit in order to start XFree86 with this video card chip. I have the LCD monitor connected to it.

Thanks, Vladimir

--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL: dean@bong.com.au       or       djzort@bong.com.au