ide1: wait for ready failed before probe!

What could be wrong, this is what I observe during the install
of linux?

In fact, it comes from ydl, but debian gives the same kind of error further on.

I guess it has to do with the same problem....

In the install porcess I keep seeing this:

<4> hda: dma_intr: status 0x51 { Driveready Seekcomplete Error }
<4> hda: dma_intr: error 0x84 { Drivestatuserror Bad CRC }

I'm working on a Blue & White and guess I could reinstall
the hda under the cdrom, and not at the bottom of the
computer...  But then I need to put eg the cdrom as slave,
and will the system be slower then??

I would definitely like a guide about installing hds and
cdroms on ide.