Re: Loading problem

Volodymyr Podosinov writes:

> First when the system boots it asks the prompt: Linux/PPC: I always
> need to type root = /dev/sda3, otherwise system will not boot.
> Which file do I need to edit, so that I do not need to type these
> words every time the system boots at the prompt?

On PReP, the boot arguments are part of the kernel image.  Rebuild
your kernel with CONFIG_CMDLINE set appropriately.  Alternatively, use
preptool, but that requires patching and rebuilding the kernel as

> And the second question is how to reconfigure the XServer, because
> during installation I guess I have configured something wrong
> because it does not start now, so what command I need to use to
> reconfigure it?

If you used debconf to configure XFree86, you need to run the command
`dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86'.  Otherwise, just edit the
configuration file with the editor of your choice.

Regards, Jens.

J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!