Re: /var/lock/console/$USER broken for shutdown (GNOME)?
- To: Robert Staudinger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: /var/lock/console/$USER broken for shutdown (GNOME)?
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:34:17 +0200
- Message-id: <1091442858.32409.150.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <1091433830.3280.9.camel@localhost>
- References: <1091433830.3280.9.camel@localhost>
On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 10:03 +0200, Robert Staudinger wrote:
> since upgrading my iBook running unstable last week the
> "touch /var/lock/console/$USER" hack to allow shutdown/reboot for
> ordinary users in a GNOME session seems to be broken.
> Is there a way to get it working again?
gnome-session (2.6.2-4) unstable; urgency=low
* 06_shutdown.diff: new, provide reboot or halt using gdmflexiserver
It should Just Work (TM) with current gdm and gnome-session.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer