Re: PPC subarches

Turbo Fredriksson writes:

> What are all those subarchitectures (pmac, chrp, chrp-rs6k and prep)
> and why are they special?  Why do they warrant their own kernel?

The pmac subarch has bootloaders which can boot the kernel as an
uncompressed ELF file, and also load a separate ramdisk from a
separate file.  The others need to boot the kernel directly from their
firmware, and require a compressed kernel image with subarch specific
bootcode and optionally a ramdisk glued to it.

> Is the AmigaONE a subarch, or it's own flavor?

Please remind me, what processor does the thing have and how do you boot it?

Regards, Jens.

J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!