Re: System clock

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:46:07 +0100
Sebastian Tennant <sebyte@smolny.plus.com> wrote:

ST> 	My system clock is losing about 15 minutes a week.  Any ideas
ST> 	why this
ST> might be?  A battery perhaps?  Or is it normal?  If I remember
ST> rightly OSX uses some sort of network time server to set the system
ST> clock.  Is there an equivalent GNU/Linux compatible service out
ST> there?

ntpdate is the package you need. Actually a dual-booting system is quite
interesting as OSX set the H/W clock to a US time-zone (PST I think)
while linux uses UT so on switching system without a network connection
you get a wildly wrong clock.

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |