Debian on a 2.5 Ghz G5 - liquid cooling system

Moien,

As you probably already know, the Dual 2.5 Ghz PowerMac has a liquid cooling system, which is described pretty good here [1]. I am conscious that time will probably tell us the answer, but I just wanted to advance the following right away.

It seems that the cooling system is entirely controlled by the operating system, OS X of course. (At least that is what this sentence made me think: "Mac OS X dynamically adjusts the flow of the fluid and the speed of the fans based on temperature." quotation from [1])

Now, if the cooling system is controlled by the os and not by the hardware itself, won't there be some obstacles on getting debian or any other distribution working on that machine? I might be totally wrong, but the picture I have at the moment is that the probably enormous heat spreading away from the CPUs might not get dissipated fast enough, which could perhaps lead to a hardware damage.

Now, if that was true, than one might have to warn PowerMac users not to install Linux or an alternate os on their machines before some time to come.

What do you think of the whole affair?

[1] http://www.apple.com/powermac/design.html

Friendly,

Bob Hentges