Re: Debian support for the lastest Powerbook 12" (1,33Ghz)

Le lundi 07/05/04 Michael Schmitz <schmitz@opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de> a écrit :
> Guido Guenther is working on backlight control for nvidia framebuffers - a
> feature that gets broken by kernel upgrades on a regular basis, it seems.
> Available support very much depends on the precise model of video
> hardware, so please be specific when reporting a problem with nvidia
> backlight control.

I have just test nv_backlight patch from Hugang :

http://soulinfo.com/~hugang/swsusp2/2.6.4-1/

This patch provide the backlight_controller struct previously mentionned
by Vincent Hanquez, and it's working!

( I've got the lastest powerbook 12" which include an nVidia Corporation
NV34M [GeForce FX Go5200] (rev a1) )

Guido Guenther do you know about this patch? If you need it, I will be
happy to give you some additionnal information or perform some test, I
think it would be nice if this patch or an equivalent would be included
in the kernel.

So now, lets try the suspend2 stuff...

Regards.
--