Re: X Configuration

I read:
> Anyways, I wonder if you guys might could do me one
> more favor.  When I do start X, the screen is
> flickering and is displayed in very strange colors.
> The mouse cursor is wavy as if it were underwater.
> Trippy, but useless.  :-)

sounds like you are lacking some modules, I have the very same model,
you have to load agpgart, uninorth_agp and radeon kernel modules and
use XFree packages from the dri-trunk, add this to your apt sources:

deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-unstable/ ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-unstable/ .

do an apt-get update and install

xlibmesa-gl1-dri-trunk - Mesa 3D graphics library [DRI trunk]
xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk - The XFree86 X server [DRI trunk]

HTH

chris@lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)