Re: How to configure yaboot for initrd?
- To: David Ramsey <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: How to configure yaboot for initrd?
- From: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:34:50 +0200
- Message-id: <20040701053450.GA6642@pegasos>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 09:54:06AM -0700, David Ramsey wrote:
> I just (sucessfully!) installed Debian, and wanted to
> ugrade the kernel. I decided to apt-get the kernel
> image provided by debian, but apt-get halted the
> installation and told me that I needed to configure my
> bootloader for initrd. I went to google, but couldn't
> find anything that made sense to me. Can anyone tell
> me how to do this? Thanks.
See Jens, this is exactly the kind of case i have been telling you
about. The kernel-image, especially when upgrading from 2.4 to 2.6,
should make all the work to get a running system.
Ok, shuffling TODO list to get the bootloader handler again on top,
well, just after releasing 2.4.26 Branden is clamouring about.