Re: status of sleep for current PowerBooks (Radeon 9700)?

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 20:24, Carsten Milling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm considering to retire my old TiBook and replace it with new a 15"
> AlBook. From what I hear most things linux seem to work fine on
> these. However, sleep doesn't seem to be supported yet. How are the
> chances that this will change in the not too distant future? Some time
> ago BenH mentioned ATI providing some information about their new
> chipsets that would help to make them sleep. Does this also apply for
> the Radeon 9700 (M11, I blieve) in the current Powerbooks?

I am running Ti PowerBook G4
with ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R250 Lf [Radeon Mobility 9000 M9] (rev 1).
running on kernel
Linux gbook 2.4.23-pre5-ben0 #1 SMP Sun Nov 30 18:29:56 IST 2003 ppc unknown
and has sleep support.  I did not upgrade to 2.6 as yet.

Nagarjuna