Re: Powermac 8600 Bootx and 2.4

Well it looks as though the debian 2.4.18-powerpc kernel doesn't have BOOTX support compiled in so we will count that out. I made some progress with with the 2.4.25-ben1 kernel I have. I had to do "video=ofonly keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1" and it boots fine and the keyboard works great. If I type fbset it says mode "832x624-173" or something similiar.

The problem now is that when I type 'startx' the video is skewed/crushed onto the left hand side of my monitor. I can see the icons, etc and the wallpaper its just all crushed to one side of the monitor.

I tried booting with "video=controlfb:vmode:13,cmode:16 keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1" but then the screen is scrambled during boot, I have to blind type to get it rebooted.

So it only seems to work with video=ofonly and X doesn't work with that. I changed my mode in the X config file to 832x624 for all depths.

If anybody can give me some direction I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Matt