Re: Handling debian kernel-patches

Hi,

Roland Wegmann writes:

> I have apt-getted the package 'kernel-tree-2.6.6'. This package
> installs 'kernel-source-2.6.6' and 'kernel-patches'.

It installs kernel-source-2.6.6 and kernel-patch-debian-2.6.6.  The
latter contains all revisions of the Debian patch for 2.6.6, the
former contains a full 2.6.6 source tree with latest revision of the
Debian patch already applied.

> Do I have to remove the directory 'kernel-patches' in /usr/src,
> because of the danger to create a kernel-patch chaos. Or does Debian
> handle this by itself and I can apt-get as much kernel-patch
> packages into the dir 'usr/src/kernel-patches' as I please?

You can install as many kernel-patch packages as you wish, and select
the ones you want to apply when you call make-kpkg.  Let's say you
have the foo, bar and baz patches installed and want to apply foo and
baz to a particular build.  Then you'd run 'make-kpkg --added-patches
foo,baz kernel-image'.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!