HD not found on iBook G4 12"

I apologize if the question is too stupid: I have some experience installing
Debian on Intel, but that's the first time on Apple.

I downloaded linux.bin+root.bin+yaboot+yaboot.conf from

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/new-pow
ermac/

and followed Branden's instructions to install a Debian distribution. So I
split the disk into two partitions, and managed to put the 4 files into the
empty partition (HFS+ type).

I succeed in re-booting with alt-alt-o-f and "boot hd:3,yaboot", thus entering
usual Debian dialog, but the kernel apparently does not recognize the HD (when
I ask to partition a HD). Maybe useful dmesg lines:

# dmesg | more
PowerMac motherboard: unknown Keylargo-based
Calibrating delay loop: 521.01 BogoMIPS
No OF node for device 1:18
No OF node for device 1:19
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver revision: 6.31
ide: Assuming 33Mhz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
IN from bad port cfc at c00f5598
...repeated 32 times
IN from bad port cfc at c00f5598
...repeated 16 times
pmac_ide: enabling IDE bus ID 0
hda: MATSHTACD-RWCW-8123, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted
request_module[scsi_hostadapter]: Root fs not mounted
etc...

In addition:

-) the CD driver does not read iso9660 CDs...

Anybody helps me out?

Thanks in advance

Augusto
--

The "application/pgp-signature" attachment is my PGP signature.
If your mail client is unable to use it, you can safely ignore

Augusto Ciuffoletti
Dipartimento di Informatica
Università degli Studi di Pisa
Corso Buonarroti