Re: Now kernel 2.6.6 won't boot

Hi,

Sean Schertell writes:

> Thanks Jens -- How can I revert?  If I try to remove my current
> module-init-tools, it tries to take my 2.6.6 kernel with it.

As root, run

 dpkg -i module-init-tools_3.0-pre10-4_powerpc.deb

Then, put the package on hold with

 echo module-init-tools hold | dpkg --set-selections

Otherwise, it is easy to upgrade to the tainted version again by accident.

> Also where can I find a PPC deb of 3.0-pre10-4 ???

Maybe you still have the old version in your package cache, in the
directory /var/cache/apt/archives.  If not, look in the directory
pool/main/m/module-init-tools on the nearest Debian mirror.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!