Re: Now kernel 2.6.6 won't boot

Hi,

Carlos Perelló Marín writes:

> That's what I get with the prereleased .deb for kernel 2.6.7 but
> just because it fails to create the initrd.img correctly, it looks
> for /etc/ modconfig.conf or /lib/modules/modconfig.conf

You mean modprobe.conf.  Those messages are harmless, and an initrd is
created alright.

> and fails.

That's due to a bug in modprobe.  Either downgrade module-init-tools
to 3.0-pre10-4 or apply a patch from the BTS.

> The 2.6.6 from unstable works without problems here.

Provided you don't re-generate your 2.6.6 initrd.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!