Re: PowerPC sarge installation error

On 2004-06-11 20:17 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 09:10:23AM -0600, Nick Golder wrote:
> > I am using Test Candidate 1 for PowerPC and am installing on a Power Mac
> > G4 350MHz.  It errors out with the following:
> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> >  man-db
> > umount: /target/dec/pts: No such file or directory
> > umount: /target/dev/shm: No such file or directory
> > umount: /target/proc/bus/usb: Invalid argument
>
> The last three are not errors, but the first is.
>
> I wish I knew why man-db is failing; I maintain the thing and I don't
> understand why.
>
> Can you please follow the directions I gave in
> http://bugs.debian.org/252425? Use nano as the editor, and note that you
> must make the change between the time when man-db is extracted and when
> it's configured (watch tty3 for the dpkg output so that you know when to
> do this).

I haven't had any luck with the directions.  I never see
/var/lib/dpkg/info/man-db.postinst.  I even wrote a script to check if
the file exists and when it does, to some random but obvious stuff as an
indicator.  When dpkg --configure man-db fails, should I expect to see
remnants of man-db's package or does it still cleanup correctly upon
failure?

--
-Nick Golder