install yaboot (after switching hd in a powerbook)

Hi,

I'm stuck in my hd switching. I used to have a dual boot Powerbook Firewire G3 (debian unstable/os9), and i prepared a second hd in an external firewire box with partitions for debian, osx and 9. I installed osx and 9 fine on this external disk, and mounted it from debian to copy my debian partitions using tar cf - . | (cd /mnt; tar xf -). I changed /etc/yaboot.conf to reflect my new partitions
but cannot succeed in running ybin.
[By the way i couldn't shutdown or telinit 1 in single user mode, had to stop manually most processes; maybe a debian
ppc bug]

I switched the internal and external disks. Booting in osx and os9 works; even with 'alt' key i cannot see the debian
partition.
I found no way to have open firmware boot on hd:9 (bootstrap) or 11 (debian), nor from external firewire debian partition
(i found the device name in OF but it hangs just after kernel launching :(
So the question is: how can i add yaboot in hd:9 ?
- imo i need booting in debian first; but i have no working cd/dvd :(((
 + Would it be possible from a debianppc iso with a firewire dvd reader ?
 + Would it be possible from my old hd ? what need i do for it to boot ?
- without booting under debian, is there a way to copy yaboot files and initrd to a partition ?
even if macosx and 9 are hfs+ ?
I can still reinit and reinstall all but it'll be long :((

Thks to all suggestions.

PS: here is my partition scheme (to prove all's right there :)

pwbjcm:/home/jc# mac-fdisk /dev/sda
/dev/sda
Command (? for help): p
/dev/sda