Re: AmigaONE && Debian (unstable?)

Hi,

Ole-Egil Hvitmyren writes:

> kernel-patch-powerpc (unfortunately, we don't have anything later than
> 2.4.22 at the moment. Trying to follow the kernel development with a
> small team and no inside contacts feels like ice skating uphill)

Well, a number of people that can be considered "inside contacts"
follow this list.

> mkuboot (or something along those lines, mkimage from U-Boot packaged
> so people can run it on their own machines instead of mkvmlinuz).

The idea of mkvmlinuz is to have something that takes an uncompressed
kernel and a ramdisk, and flanges the two together to produce a single
bootable binary for a given PowerPC sub-architecture.  It should be
possible to integrate mkimage into this.

> So the question basically boils down to this:
> Where is the right place to START?

Forward port your 2.4 patch to 2.6, I would say.  Then split it into
digestable chunks and try to get them in mainline.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!