Re: Strange problem with special keys on iBook 2 [SOLVED - sort of]

On 06/03/2004 03:06 PM, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> Does anyone know how my keyboard behavior may have gotten messed up in such
> a way?  It seems like it may have something to do with the console keymap
> but a look into /usr/share/keymaps left me still puzzled.

I can now report that rebooting into Mac OS X, and then back into Linux,
solved the problem.  I have no idea why, but the special keys work
correctly again.  Even the raw key scancodes (obtained from showkey -s) are
now different (and correct).

Is it possible that the keyboard electronics actually became confused and
OS X ran an integrity check over it while booting?