Re: 2.6.6 kernel - which one?

According to Nirmal Govind, on Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:03:58 -0700,
>Thanks Jens.. I think I'll stick to my current machine.. :-)
>
>I see the recent email with the patch that you mentioned. My concern is
>that I'll run into the same problem that the kernel that I compile does
>not boot.. the earlier "vanilla" 2.6.6 kernel that built fine did not
>boot. It stopped after the line that ended with "prom_init" with the
>white background (the screen immediately after the "boot:" prompt
>screen). Any ideas on why this happens and/or ways to resolve it? I
>will try compiling with the pmdisk patch today evening...
>
>Thanks,
>nirmal

Could this be a problem of initrd/not initrd ?
kernel-image-2.6.6-* contains an initrd image.
But when I make-kpkg my own kernel, I don't make this initrd image.
So I'm sure I have all the required modules compiled static in the
kernel.
BTW, there is a --initrd option in make-kpkg.

--
Cedric

"[Of course] I'm French! Why do think I have this outrageous
accent, you silly king-a?!"  Monty Python and the Holy Grail