Re: how to open a powermac 8500 ?
on 04.5.24 4:07 AM, karim at email@example.com was reported to have writen:
> I need to acces to the mainboard to change the battery or at least test
> it because nvsetenv doesn't memorise the parameters.
> I can't remove some blocks in it like the big one that maintain the drives.
1. remove screws in the back
2. remove top chassis
3. disconnect all cables to the motherboard
4. remove all pci cards and processor
5. remove the screw that fastens the motherboard to the chassis
6. slide the motherboard to the left, then pull it toward you
that should do it!