Re: 802.11g on an ibook?

Lee Braiden wrote:

Hi,

I'm hoping to make my ibook2/500 do 802.11g. Do any of you know a card that will work well? Someone mentioned usb wireless on IRC, and that's a possibility, but I'd prefer an internal option, if it will work :)

<snip>

I don't know enough of USB solutions to be a real help for you, but what I am pretty sure of is that it won't be possible to use an internal 802.11g card. For
the ibook2 uses the "normal" airport card which corresponds to an 802.11b.
The Airport Extreme ( which would be an 802.11g solution ) Card isn't
compatible with the "normal" Airport Card slot.

Friendly

--
Bob Hentges - http://bob.hentges.lu/