Re: pbbuttonsd script interface - future?

Am Mittwoch, 28. April 2004 18:27 schrieb Michael Schmitz:
> AFAIK the wakebay utility isn't needed anymore with recent kernel
> versions (I'll double check to make sure). The 3400 hacks are still
> needed, though.

Do you know from which kernel version on the tool wakebay isn't needed?
I then can add a test.

> On a quick glance, I don't see how the PMac_3400 or PMac_G3 scripts get
> called from the master scripts, BTW. And I fear that '. config' might not
> work under all circumstances (absolute path preferred).

You need a link from event.d to scripts.d/PMac_3400 to activate the script.

The '. config' will always work because the master script change working
directory. I prefer relative paths because the scripts will also run from
/usr/local without change. This makes it easier for 'Make install' to install
a working version into the $prefix that the user has defined without
complicated scripts to patch all the paths in the scripts.

Best Regards
  Matthias