Re: iBook r128 hardware acceleration.

OK, so just say a bloke upgraded his kernel, verified that it worked and then forgot to change the default image in yaboot.conf, then maybe he'd be a little puzzled when DRI didn't work. And eventually perhaps he'd cotton on that he was running an old kernel with no module for his video card and no DRI support and..... very embarrassing.

Anyway, so that's all working a treat now. However, when I run the glxgears demo the frame rate is about half what I get running the same demo on the same machine under Yellow Dog Linux, which I have installed on separate partition. About 400fps vs. 800fps on YDL. Same resolution and pixel depth. Not really very important but odd.