config.opts in pcmcia-cs on powerpc machines

Hi,

Apparently, pcmcia-cs doesn't work too well by default on powerpc
machines. I got a bug report (#242069) about it having the wrong
values in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts. I also searched and found a
[1]message on this list where it was said that "of course, debian
doesn't care and just stuff x86 values in there". Well, I am
maintaining pcmcia-cs now, and I care.

Now, distributing a different config.opts in the powerpc debs is
easy. The question is what to put there. The bug's submitter said that
the right value to put there would be:

include memory 0xa0003000-0xa0ffffff
include port 0x9100-0x9fff

But he also pointed out another web page where it was:

include port 0x1000-0x1fff
include memory 0x90000000-0x9003ffff

On this list, I also found:

include port 0x100-0x4ff, port 0x800-0x8ff, port 0xc00-0xcff
include memory 0x90000000-0xA0ffffff

So, does anyone here know what the best values to put there by default
would be? Are some values specific to Powerbooks and some to other
subarchs? Does it matter much what the exact values are? Or are
different values needed for different models?

In addition, you should know that you are always welcome to submit bug
reports against pcmcia-cs, even if you're running powerpc. It is
difficult for me to make the package work on powerpc all by myself, as
I don't have access to any powerpc hardware with PCMCIA. All help is
greatly appreciated.

(Please CC me on replies as I'm not subcribed to the list. Also CC the
bug.)

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/debian-powerpc-200401/msg00441.html

--
Pelle