getting started on a G5

Hello all,

I could use some help getting started with
Debian on my G5.

I have no problem repartitioning the disk, or
burning CDs.  I don't know which ISO to use.
I tried this luther/daily-powerpc-built/
200404409/powerpc/monolithic/mini.iso, but
i'm left with a white screen this some text
like "loading display...".  I've tried the
install-safe, and expert-safe modes, but
they hang as well.  During this time the fans
begin to ramp up.

Anyway, i'd be glad to provide some testing
and feedback, as long as someone can help me
get started.  And once i have a running system
i can help with development or documentation.

thanks,
Brian