Re: pbbuttonsd 0.5.9 unofficial package

Am Mittwoch, 24. März 2004 17:02 schrieb Michael Schmitz:
> > and I found something really convincing that I did not know : pmud
> > development has stopped. No updates since 2001 on sourceforge !
>
> I'm really scared now. So it's officially outdated and obsoleted, only
> because no further development happens?
>
> Seriously: pmud is mostly feature complete. (It even has a Unix socket
> mode feature for those concerned about the multi user laptop problem. For
> added security, you have to code your own Unix socket snooze tool even!)
> Stephan Leemburg may have stopped active development but that doesn't mean
> it's no longer being maintained.

As I know there is no new maintainer for pmud. Stephan Leemburg asked me to
take over maintanance but finally we delayed the decision. He wanted to ask
his co-developers first. I haven't heart anything from him regarding this
issue since September 2003.

But nobody wanted to force you to change your system. The current version
works well on older machines and I used it myself before I started to develop
pbuttonsd. If pmud does all you need and there is nothing you miss, please
stay with pmud. Never change a running system ;-)

 Best Regards
  Matthias