Re: pbbuttonsd 0.5.9 unofficial package

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 15:13, Cedric Pradalier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	after all this thread about pbbuttond and pmud, I'm still wondering
> which one I should choose. Can someone summarizes the differences and
> intersection between these tools. A link would be appreciated.

well when you use pmud, anyone with an account can snooze your
machine... as pbbuttonsd uses ipc + some security checks.

but indeed it is a big - though modular - program... which does a lot
more than only hotkeys and sleep... e.g. it has gtkpbbuttonsd which
gives you the nice e.g. volume change icons (see
http://www.cymes.de/members/joker/projects/pbbuttons/gtkpbbuttons.html)

pmud only handles hotkeys and events/sleep.

But yes, pbbuttonsd is mostly for macosish look+feel (fading/icons).

Soeren.