Re: drivers/macintosh/therm_*

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 09:18, Cedric Pradalier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I've juste looked at drivers in the drivers/i2c/chips directory.
> They manage some adt7xxx chips and some adm10xx also. I fill that
> therm_adt7647 or my module for adm103x on ibook2 should be part
> of these sensors rather than specific to macintosh. It may
> also be the case of therm_pm72 or therm_windtunnel.
>
> AFAIK should be part of the lm_sensor project.
> Is there any reason why these drivers are not grouped ?

Because I don't want them to be. Some of those drivers are
completely specific to a given maching thermal caracteristics
(for example, there is no way therm_pm72 can be of any use on
a different machine than the G5), the wiring of fans, location
of sensors, and even the threshold values chosen.

Ben.