Re: [iBook G4] network installation

Ferdinando Pucci wrote:
I fall in error, that message corresponds with the command "boot hd:3", while
"boot hd:3,yaboot" gives:

can't OPEN: hd:3,yaboot

Well, "can't OPEN" means something didn't exist. Which, according to your 'ls' output later, makes perfect sense.

Surprisingly if i type "boot yaboot,hd:3" starts something that i dont have time
to read but stops in a screen with a denial symbol in the middle, a circle with
a diagonal bar, like in some street's signs!

Because that's nonsensical, so it tried a default boot, I believe. There's no device or device alias 'yaboot', so it doesn't know what you're talking about.

Maybe some other info will catch your attention or will clinch the matter:-)

antares:~ neurula$ ls -al /Volumes/Debian/
total 21122
[snipped]
-rw-r--r--   1 neurula  admin      416 13 Mar 18:55 yaboot.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 neurula  admin   150020 13 Mar 18:55 yaboot.txt

antares:~ neurula$ df
Filesystem              512-blocks    Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
[snipped]
/dev/disk0s3              20709376  457040 20252336     2%    /Volumes/Debian

Well, the problem is that your 'yaboot' is named 'yaboot.txt'. However, you should specify an absolute path, like 'boot hd:3,\yaboot.txt'. Try that and see if it works (it should).

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net