Re: OT: Upgrading DVD firmware on TiBook

On 29/02/2004, at 8:54 AM, christophe barbe wrote:

I wonder if someone know a way to install a new firmware for a DVD
player (to fix a design design flaw, sort of) that is provided as a
MacOS9 binary. I have MacOS X on dual boot but not MacOS 9.
Is it possible somehow to do it from the Mac OS 9 install CD? Is it
possible to add MacOS 9 to MacOS X without reinstalling everything?

Regarding the latter, I believe you can just pull the OS9 System Folder over from another OSX+OS9 machine, and then Classic will work perfectly inside OS X.

Signature space for rent.